Saturday 6 December 2008

Small Eats

Had my first week at my new job this week and it's been pretty full on, a lot to learn but it's already pretty varied and different. So I haven't been able to keep up with much this week, but here's a little round up of a few arty/asian things I've seen.

The new London Elektricity album has been included in the ART VINYL awards. I've thought for a while that Hospital Records put a lot of effort into their album covers. Helped by Trickartt they create some pretty cool images. Of course this wouldn't be a Hot Pot post without some reference to Flickr so here is Trickartt's Flickr. I particularly like his Berocca Obama.

On the Obama theme too, a new exhibition has opened in Miami with loads of artwork covering the new U.S President elect

Following on from the Monkey - Journey to the West Opera, Jamie Hewlett and Damon Albarn have put together a new short film based on it. It's pretty cool I reckon.
It seems there's a lot of art stuff going on in Miami at the moment as I also found this


For more like this check these folks: Rogerio Degaki, Krampf Gallery and Tokyo Gallery
This is a pretty big post and it probably doesn't make any sense but nevermind. Oh and I learnt a random fact this week, 5000 people work at Harrods, 5000!!!

No comments: